Choosing the best Jasper Art alternative is important if you want to switch from an AI-writing-focused platform, Jasper, to an AI art platform. Thanks to the latest developments in AI, there are a ton of options to choose from.
To help you with the process, I’ve collected a list of the best Jasper Art alternatives. I’ve used each tool myself and am confident that I can give you the right direction.
If you’ve heard of or even used Jasper before, you know how smooth and awesome the user experience is. With a simple input like “an image of a cat” and a couple of seconds of wait, you get a unique and original piece of art like no other. In addition to the art features, you must have heard of AI writing superpowers of Jasper.
One thing that troubles some users of Jasper is the price. Even though I believe Jasper the best AI content platform out there, I must admit it’s quite pricey. Also, the free trial is quite limited. Besides, Jasper doesn’t focus on the AI art side of things that much. You can generate images in a couple of different styles, but that’s pretty much all there’s to it.
Best Jasper Art Alternatives: Quick Overview
- NightCafe—The best AI art platform with social media features, print-on-demand services, and more.
- PhotoSonic—The best Jasper AI content platform alternative with art and writing services.
- Deep Dream Generator—A great AI art and social platform with a bunch of art styles and templates.
- Starry AI—The best mobile app alternative for Jasper Art.
- Fotor—A great image creation and editing platform.
- RunwayML—Best video editor with a ton of AI features like the image generator.
- Craiyon—A completely free AI image generator.
- StableCog—An easy-to-use AI painting generator platform.
- WonderAI—An iOS and Android app for generating images and art.
List of Powerful Jasper Art Alternatives
Let’s have a closer look at each Jasper Art alternative.
I’ve also added links to the complete reviews of these tools with some useful image-generation examples and tips.
NightCafe is a professional AI art platform. Not only can you create awesome images but also share them with your NightCafe network.
If you fall in love with your masterpieces, you can print them on a coffee mug, t-shirt, or even wallpaper on NightCafe’s print-on-demand services.
NightCafe has a free no-signup trial you can experiment with. Also, you can get a 5% discount on your purchases with coupon code “CODINGEM“.
Read also my complete NightCafe review.
- Powerful AI that generates art from simple text inputs.
- Print-on-demand services. Print your AI masterpiece on a t-shirt, wallpaper, or coffee mug.
- An AI-art-focused platform. Unlike many, NightCafe solely focuses on AI art generation and networking with other artists.
- AI art challenges for generating the best image or piece of art as a competition.
- Free trial with no account creation required. You can test the NightCafe AI art generator by just going to their site.
- AI Hobbyist: $9.99/mo (100 credits/mo)
- AI Enthusiast: $19.99/mo (250 credits/mo)
- AI Artist: $49.99/mo (700 credits/mo)
- AI Professional: $79.99/mo (1500 credits/mo)
PhotoSonic is a cheaper Jasper Art alternative. You can turn simple text inputs into images, paintings, and more. There’s also an extensive free trial with which you can play.
A fun fact: PhotoSonic and Jasper Art are very much alike.
- PhotoSonic is a solution provided by an AI content writing platform called WriteSonic.
- Jasper Art is a solution provided by an AI content platform called Jasper.
Also, both Jasper and WriteSonic have their own implementations of the ChatGPT chatbot.
In case you’re looking for Jasper Art alternatives, or alternatives to Jasper in general, PhotoSonic might be the best choice. It comes with the same features as Jasper Art but for a more affordable price.
Read also my complete PhotoSonic Review.
- Fast, accurate, and creative AI that generates images from text in seconds.
- Free trial with which you can generate up to 10 images for free.
- You can get inspiration for your text inputs from the PhotoSonic community.
- AI content creation platform services, such as AI writers and chatbots.
- Free Trial: $0/month
- Basic: $10/month
- Unlimited: $25/month
3. Deep Dream Generator
Deep Dream Generator (DDG for short) is a great alternative to Jasper Art or NightCafe on this list. This tool uses neural network technology to turn short text prompts into stunning pieces of unique art.
By the way, don’t let the somewhat old user interface confuse you. By the outlook, it looks exactly like one of those older AI image generators that barely worked. But once you see the results, you’ll be happily surprised.
Similar to NightCafe, there is a social media where you can follow, like, and get inspired by other DDG users’ work.
Read also my complete Deep Dream Generator Review.
- There are multiple AI algorithms or AI art modes to choose from. Each one is suitable for different kinds of art.
- DDG uses a neural network to turn short text descriptions into full-blown pieces of art.
- The output accuracy is top-notch. DDG is one of the best AI art generators on the market.
- There’s a free trial with which you can generate up to 10 images.
- Advanced: $19/month
- Professional: $39/month
- Ultra: $99/month
4. Starry AI
StarryAI is a great Jasper Art alternative that not only has a web app, but also mobile apps for iOS and Android. Similar to other AI image generators on this list, Starry AI is easy to use: Just describe what you want to see and let the AI take care of the rest.
Even though StarryAI has a mobile version, you still need to be connected to the internet to use it. At the moment, the AI image generation technology is so computationally heavy that mobile devices can’t produce images offline in a reasonable time.
Unlike Jasper Art or Jasper Art alternatives, Starry AI lets you choose the aspect ratio of the output images. This means you can generate landscape and portrait images as you wish.
Read also my StarryAI Review.
- StarryAI is one of the rare AI art generators today that has a mobile app and a web app. You can create images wherever you go as long as you’ve got an internet connection.
- StarryAI supports multiple aspect ratios for creating images for mobile and desktop use.
- There are three main image generator modes in Starry AI. Each one is suitable for different types of art.
- Starry AI 1 Month Pro: $11.99
- 40 Credits Pack: $15.99
- 40 Credits Premium: $7.99
Fotor is an AI image platform with solutions varying from image generators to upscalers. There’s even a cool photo-to-cartoon converter!
One of the key features of Fotor is the text-to-image generator that’s similar to Jasper Art. All it takes is a small input and a couple of seconds to give you a unique piece of art.
Even though this review is about Jasper Art alternatives, I highly recommend trying other image features of Fotor. For example, the upscale feature can turn blurry and low-res images into high-res pictures with great accuracy.
There’s a free trial in Fotor, so you can play around with the image features before considering a purchase.
Read also my complete Fotor Review.
- AI image generator that turns text inputs into stunning AI art and imagery.
- All sorts of photo-related features, such as photo-to-cartoon, image upscaler, and more.
- Free trials to test the solutions rigorously.
- Fotor Basic: $0/mo
- Fotor Pro: $8.99/mo
- Fotor Pro+: $19.90/mo
I had to include one video editor to this list too! RunwayML is not only a great Jasper Art alternative for generating images, but it also has a ton of other features, such as the video editor. As a matter of fact, the video editor is the main product of RunwayML.
RunwayML has a ton of useful features that video creators might find useful. One of these features is the RunwayML image generator. This feature uses AI to generate images from text inputs—very similar to Jasper Art.
You can try the tool for free, but notice that it might not be the best tool to pay for unless you’re going to use the other features, such as the video editor.
Read also my complete RunwayML Review.
- AI image generator that turns simple text inputs into images of different styles and sizes.
- Video editing capabilities for video editors. Notice that this is not an AI video generator, though.
- RunwayML is easy to use. Thanks to the logical UI, the AI features are accessible so that you don’t have to use the actual video editor to generate the images.
- There are free trials of RunwayML image and video features.
- Free: $0/mo
- Pro: $12/mo
- Team: $28/mo
- Enterprise: Contact sales
Craiyon is the only 100% free Jasper Art alternative on this list. Similar to Jasper, it allows you to turn simple text inputs into images and art in a matter of seconds or minutes.
Unlike Jasper, Craiyon generates 9 images at the same time. Thus, it takes a bit longer to create the imagery.
Right off the bat, I must tell you that unfortunately, Craiyon is not as great as the paid tools on this list. This is simply because it uses a bit less impressive AI image model to generate the images.
The good part is that this makes it a completely free tool. But the downside is that the image quality isn’t quite there.
Read also my complete Craiyon Review.
- Completely free AI art and image generator that produces reasonably accurate and high-quality images.
- Print-on-demand services for printing AI art on a t-shirt.
- There’s an online forum and community built around Craiyon.
Craiyon is 100% free software!
StableCog is a wonderful Jasper Art alternative that allows you to generate images for free! Besides the free plans, there are paid features for power users.
Similar to the previously introduced tool, Craiyon, I think StableCog produces decent images, but nothing close to Jasper Art or NightCafe.
StableCog lets you tweak some of the output image settings, such as the aspect ratio. It also stores your images in a gallery and lets you come back to view your image-generating history. In this sense, the tool is a great Jasper Alternative. But with the free plan comes the tradeoff in image quality.
Read also my complete StableCog Review
- Free AI image generator that produces decent output images with simple text inputs.
- A paid feature that gives you more control over the imagery, such as the size and quality.
- History and community for checking back and sharing your AI-generated pieces of art.
In addition to the free plan, there’s a paid version for power users for $10 per month. This plan gives you more settings for the output images (aspect ratio and quality)
WonderAI is a great Jasper Art alternative that is a mobile-only app for generating images with AI. Similar to Jasper Art, WonderAI turns your text inputs into unique AI art in a matter of seconds. Unlike Jasper, there’s no web-based version of this tool.
Even though having a mobile app for generating AI art is great, you still need to remember that you need an internet connection.
In WonderAI, there’s a free trial you can experiment with. You can generate up to 5 free images. One of the cool features of WonderAI is the image avatar feature. With this, you can generate an AI avatar based on your images.
Read also my complete WonderAI Review.
- Mobile app for generating images in portrait mode.
- Free trial version you can use to generate up to 5 images.
- AI avatar generator that asks for 10 images of yourself and creates an artistic avatar.
- Wonder Premium: $4.99
- Wonder Avatar 5×10 Pack6: $2.99
- Wonder Avatar 10×10 Pack6: $4.99
Summary: Best Jasper Art Alternatives
Thanks to the major leaps in AI image generators, image-generating capabilities are becoming more impressive and cheaper every day.
One of the early birds in the AI game was Jasper. Jasper started as a small AI platform startup which is now backed by investors and has a 1B+ valuation. Crazy!
Even though I believe Jasper is the best AI content platform, I think the Art service has some great alternatives that might be even better for some. Whether it’s the lack of features or the high pricing of Jasper Art, there are reasons you might want to try another solution.
In my eyes, the best AI art generator alternative to Jasper is NightCafe by a mile. This platform solely focuses on generating art with AI. There are other art-related features like the social media app and print-on-demand services. Besides, the pricing and the free trial are impressive!